Senior Telecom Security Evaluator
Senior Telecommunications Security Evaluator
Lightship Security is a market leader in IT security product testing and test automation. We work with leading technology vendors from around the world to perform cyber security testing and certification of their products.
Due to recent growth, Lightship is seeking a Senior Telecommunications Security Evaluator to work in the field of security testing. The successful candidate will work in a collaborative team environment and consult closely with project stakeholders to ensure a product’s conformance with the specified security requirements.
Lead projects in the review, consultation and assessment of products against custom and standards based cyber security requirements. A typical project includes leading workshops with customers, consultation and assessment of a product’s security architecture, constructing standards-based documentation such as a Security Assessment report, analysis and assessment of system vulnerabilities, construction and/or execution of a standards-based test plan using Lightship’s Conformance Automation Platform tool, fuzzing and penetration testing.
Projects will involve both hardware and software devices and the ideal candidate will have a strong background and knowledge of enterprise class telecommunication products such as 4G, LTE, LTE/A or 5G, etc. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate expertise with the Linux operating system, virtualization technologies, cryptographic concepts and networking fundamentals.
As a Senior Telecommunications Security Evaluator, the candidate is expected to interface with customers to provide them with sound technical consulting and support during the testing process.
- Telco equipment experience, preferably with 4G, LTE, LTE/A or 5G experience
- Reverse engineering
- Experience with x86 machine architectures
- Very comfortable with C programming language
- Fuzzing and developing or using fuzzing models
- Experience with dynamically constructing software bill of materials (BOM) and analyzing said BOM for vulnerabilities
- Malware analysis
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience with software-defined networking
- Minimum 2 years experience in a customer-facing technical role;
- Ability to manage concurrent projects;
- Excellent communication skills: ability to express requirements in technical and non-technical terms to customers, peers, and management; must be able to prepare consistent and quality reports for consumption by critical customers;
- A proven ability to work independently; and
- Possess creative and critical thinking skills.
- All candidates must be eligible for a Government of Canada security clearance to a minimum level of Top Secret;
Ready to Apply?
Please send us your resume and a cover letter to apply for this position.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agents, please.