Who We Are
Lightship Security is an accredited IT Security Testing lab. We test market leading IT products against security standards and we have modernized the process, using our in-house developed Greenlight test automation platform. We are an innovative, passionate and growing team working with clients around the world. Canadian Business Startup 50 recognized Lightship Security is one of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies in 2019. We are committed to creating real world value through continued innovation in this field. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada – we recently expanded to Austin, Texas to meet growing client demand.
Do you share our values?
- We solve problems for our clients
- We work hard with integrity
- We are experts in our field
- We value family
- We have fun
Highlights of the Job
We’re looking for a Project Manager to join our team and help run our expanding operations. Someone comfortable leading in a high growth environment, who loves client-facing roles and has the soft skills to guide an internal team as well as our clients. Sound good? Here’s a little more about the job:
- Guiding clients through their certification by teaching them the process, managing their deliverables and expectations and ensuring clients are kept informed with frequent, contextual communication.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Analyze, implement and continually improve organizational processes and project delivery work to ensure great product certification outcomes for our growing list of clients.
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and where the best idea wins.
- Work with senior management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- 2-5 years of project management experience in a service-based organization
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
Bonus, but not required:
- Knowledge of FIPS 140-2, Common Criteria, and other related standards.
- Experience with MS Project and or Mavenlink.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
This position is located in Ottawa, ON.
Ready to Apply?
Please send us your resume and tell us a little about yourself and why this position is of interest to you.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agents, please.