Who We Are
Lightship Security is an IT Security Testing lab. We test market leading products against IT security standards and we do it twice as fast as any of our competitors, using our Greenlight testing platform. We are an innovative, passionate and growing team working with clients around the world. Canadian Business Startup 50 recognized Lightship Security is one of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies in 2019. We are committed to creating real world value through continued innovation in this field. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada – we are expanding to Austin, Texas to meet the growing demands of our customers and the market.
Do you share our values?
- We solve problems for our clients
- We work hard with integrity
- We are technical experts
- We value family
- We have fun
Who We Want
We’re looking for a Lab Operations Manager to join our leadership team and run our newly established lab in Austin, TX. Someone comfortable leading in a high growth environment, who loves technology and has the strategic and operational experience in tech to excel. Sound good? Here’s a little more about the job:
- Analyze, implement and continually improve organizational processes and project delivery work to ensure great product certification outcomes for our growing list of clients.
- Provide inspired leadership for the organization.
- Identify and implement improvements to operations efficiency.
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
- Assist HR with recruiting when necessary.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
- Work with senior management team.
- Ensure all regulatory processes are followed and in compliance with the latest NVLAP and NIAP requirements.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Support worker communication with the management team.
- Must have at a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working IT industry including strong technical knowledge of both hardware and software security products such as routers, switches, firewalls, VPN gateways, proxies, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Linux operating system, virtualization technologies, cryptographic concepts and networking fundamentals.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field.
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid understanding of financial management
- Able and willing to travel internationally <20% and hold a valid passport.
- All candidates must be eligible for a Government Security Clearance (Canadian and USA)
- All candidates must have a valid work permit in the USA.
Bonus, but not required:
- Knowledge of FIPS 140-2, Common Criteria, and other related standards are an asset.
- Knowledge and experience using X.509 PKI and cryptographic libraries are an asset.
This position is located in Austin, TX and well suited to a Lab or Technical Operations Manager looking for an opportunity to set up a new location and grow a team.
Ready to Apply?
Please send us your resume and tell us a little about yourself and why this position is of interest to you.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agents, please.