It’s hard to believe that it’s been two years since the launch of Lightship Security. Looking back to our founding, we collectively felt strongly that our vision and mandate would have to be centered on innovation and improvement of assurance outcomes within our industry. We did not want to simply start Lightship and keep doing “more of the same” that we had repeatedly seen in our 10+ years in the product certification industry.
We’re pleased to report that we have stayed true to the mandate. We have leveraged our agility, autonomy and some would say stubborn commitment to build a company and suite of technologies that can truly deliver “certification at the speed of development”. We have been able to accomplish this through key investments into our strategy:
- Focused development and client piloting of our conformance automation platform – Greenlight – that automates Common Criteria testing.
- Development and deployment of our unique Functional Gap Analysis (FGA) offering for the identification and remediation of conformance issues early and continuously in the SDLC
- The imminent completion of our accreditation as a Canadian Common Criteria laboratory
- Growing our client base by adding several industry leaders in 2017
- Adding critical mass to the development and delivery teams
- Continued re-investment into the business.
It has certainly not been without it’s challenges to build a business from the ground up, convince people that there is a “better way” for product certification and be able to back it up with real world, demonstrable ROI using our agile certification approach. However, as we move into 2018, we are more convinced than ever that we can leverage our momentum to achieve the results that we had imagined from the outset of the journey.
As 2017 comes to close, we’d like to express our sincere thanks to our clients and partners that have taken a chance on Lightship’s innovations, approach and team. We couldn’t have done it without you!
Season’s Greetings from the whole team at Lightship.
Jason has been involved in the leadership of different cyber security companies, including being responsible for the accreditation, management and profitable growth of several government-accredited IT security laboratories. Jason drives the Lightship vision of modernizing the product certification landscape.