Who We Are
Lightship Security is an IT security testing lab. We work with leading product vendors to perform testing against IT security standards – Common Criteria and FIPS 140-2. We are committed to creating real world value through continued innovation in this field. If these values resonate with you… read on:
1. We solve problems for our clients
2. We work hard with integrity
3. We are technical experts
4. We value family
5. We have fun
Canadian Business Startup 50, recognized Lightship Security is one of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies in 2019.
Who We Want
Due to continued growth and geographic expansion, we are hiring a qualified individual for our corporate Controller position. In this position, reporting directly to the President, you will be responsible for managing the financial operation of the organization. You will handle the major reporting and analysis duties including verification of financial records and transactions. This individual will be a professional with inherent management qualities and high attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas. You must have solid communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to demonstrate excellent knowledge of accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE).
What you’ll do
- Manage all accounting operations including payroll, billing, A/R, A/P, GL, cost accounting, inventory accounting and revenue recognition while ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prepare and publish timely monthly consolidated financial statements and analysis of operating results including the preparation and review of subsidiary financial statements
- Coordinate and complete annual review/audit and income tax filing(s) for parent company and subsidiaries in conjunction with outside accounting firm
- Provide recommendations on operational improvements and efficiencies
- Manage and comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings in multiple jurisdictions
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field; or a combination of both education and industry related experience
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required
- 5-10 years previous experience as a Controller or Accounting Manager in a high growth tech company
- Experience preparing multi-currency consolidated financial statements
- Experience creating and adapting management reports
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with SR&ED filings
- Experience processing payroll using payroll software (ADP)
- Ability to analyze financial records and interpret for non-financial users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with accounting software (QBO)
The successful candidate will work from our head office in Ottawa, ON.
Ready to Apply?
Please send us your resume and a cover letter to apply for this position.
Lightship will provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities to allow you to participate in the recruitment process, upon request.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agents, please.