IT Specialist / Tester
Lightship Security is a market leader in IT security standards-based conformance testing and test automation. We work with leading edge security technology vendors from around the world to perform conformance testing to various IT security standards such as Common Criteria and FIPS 140-2. We are committed to creating real world value through continued innovation in this field.
We are an innovative, passionate and growing team working with clients around the world. Canadian Business Startup 50 recognized Lightship Security Inc. as one of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies in 2019. Lightship Security was also awarded the Bootstrap Disrupter award in 2020. Lightship’s headquarters is in Ottawa, Ontario with satellite offices located in Vancouver, British Columbia and Austin, Texas.
Highlights of the Job
The IT Specialist / Tester is responsible for receiving, installing, configuring and testing various IT products and technologies in our Austin laboratory. The IT Specialist / Tester will work under the direction of senior security testers to execute test plans, capture testing results and perform associated hands-on tasks such as racking, cabling and equipment management. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to work with limited supervision and passionate about cyber security. This position provides an opportunity for rapid advancement in a growing company.
- Receive, install and configure IT software and hardware products (e.g. switches, firewalls, printers, operating systems, applications etc.)
- Follow test procedures and prepare test reports
- Maintain lab IT equipment and related facilities
- Perform ad-hoc IT and testing tasks as required
- 4 years of experience in a hands-on IT position
- University degree or college diploma in a technical field
- Demonstrative experience using Linux and Windows operating systems
- Demonstrative experience with virtualization technologies such as hypervisors and software-defined networking
- Demonstrative experience with networking technologies such as routers and switches
- A proven ability to work independently
- Creative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Eligible for a Government Security Clearance (USA and/or Canadian)
- Hold a valid USA work permit
The successful candidate will work from our laboratory in Austin, TX.
Ready to Apply?
Please send us your resume and a cover letter to apply for this position.
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process. We ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.