Cyber Security Technical Writer
Who We Are
Lightship Security is an IT security testing lab. We work with leading product vendors to perform testing against IT security standards – Common Criteria and FIPS 140-2. We are committed to creating real world value through continued innovation in this field. If these values resonate with you… read on:
1. We solve problems for our clients
2. We work hard with integrity
3. We are technical experts
4. We value family
5. We have fun
Canadian Business Startup 50, recognized Lightship Security is one of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies in 2019.
Who We Want
We are seeking a talented individual who is passionate about cyber security and innovative approaches to technical writing. Documenting the security aspects of the products that we perform testing against is a critical part of the projects that we deliver. The Cyber Security Technical Writer will take responsibility for improving the quality and approach to developing these standards-based documents. They will liaise with our customers and engineers to gather information to produce accurate and well-designed documentation which undergoes evaluation for standards conformance in an iterative process. Prior cyber security experience is not required. A proven track record of improving efficiencies in developing technical documentation will be highly advantageous.
- Experience with documentation, process improvement, efficiencies and streamlining
- General IT knowledge required e.g. be able to explain how a computer works, identify common network protocols, describe the purpose of a database, understand the difference between a switch and a router, explain the purpose of a firewall etc.
- 3-5 years experience in requirements management
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge of Common Criteria, and other related standards are an asset.
- Knowledge of XML an asset
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in related field
You must be eligible for a Government of Canada security clearance to a minimum level of Enhanced Reliability.
The successful candidate will work with a small consulting team in Vancouver, BC.
Ready to Apply?
Please send us your resume and a cover letter to apply for this position.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agents, please.